REZA (Renewable Energy Zanzibar Association) Is a non-profit marking, non-governmental organisation that brings together actors/ stakeholders in the renewable energy sectors to promote the accessibility and uses of renewable energies in Zanzibar. It was established by the societies ACT No. 6 of 1995 in 2015 as a successor to the Renewable Energy Zanzibar Association and registered with No L.2380 on 30th of April, 2015 by the Ministry of Justice and constitutional Affairs of Zanzibar. REZA become operational in 2015. The framework of REZA is to bring together the top leadership of renewable energy actors in the country under one forum.
The Role of REZA
- To advice the Government on matters relating to renewable energies.
- To provide knowledge about renewable energy to the people of Zanzibar.
- To facilitate national, regional and international cooperation in technology development and transfer
The objective of the Association is to promote the sustainable development of Renewable Energy by:-
- Advance knowledge and skills through better experiences.
- Manage knowledge and publicize information
- Facilitate market development of Renewable Energy technologies, applications and services
- Support the creation of an enabling environment and framework for a sustainable Renewable Energy market
- Support and encourage best practice, including development and enforcement of standards cords of conduct
- Build network to the members and other key actors in the public and private sector
- Promote local manufacture of Renewable Energy products and enterprise development in the Renewable Energy Sectors
To promote and advocate the increases use of Renewable Energy by developing an effective network of the members and stakeholders, emphasizing the need for quality and best practice throughout the sector.
To be a trustworthy umbrella association, supporting and enabling the sustainable growth of the Renewable Energy sector throughout Islands of Zanzibar.of Zanzibar.